Homeowner hospitalized in Natomas fire | News
NATOMAS, CA - Firefighters were called to the 200 block of Orcutt Circle in Natomas on Thursday morning after a courtyard chimney caught fire.
According to Sacramento Fire Dept. reports, the homeowner, who had been grilling in the yard Wednesday night, went to bed and the chimney caught fire.
A neighbor going out to get the newspaper early Thursday morning, smelled smoke and called the fire department.
Firefighters arrived and extinguished the chimney fire, limiting the majority of damage to the home's courtyard area.
The house incurred minor damage to the roof and walls where firefighters were checking to see if the blaze had spread to the home.
The homeowner was taken to the hospital due to smoke inhalation.
No information was provided on how the fire started.