Expect company and snow for road travel | News
SACRAMENTO, CA - This weekend through the next after Thanksgiving, expect plenty of company and weather to play a role in your travels.
When snow chains are required, speeds on Interstate 80 must be 30 mph or less and on Highway 50, 25 mph per Caltrans.
The latest chain requirements on I-80, 0 as well as highways 4, 20, 49, 70, 88, 89, 108, 120 can be found on the Caltrans Road Report link.
You can also get the latest on any road delays including Interstate 5 over the Grapevine in Southern California on the CHP incident website.
Download the News10 Weather and Traffic app for the latest road information too and follow me on Twitter @MelissaCrowley.
In terms of the traffic volume expected, for the fourth consecutive year, the latest travel survey from AAA finds Thanksgiving travel continues to predict a slow but steady climb. AAA Northern California's latest travel forecast "predicts more than 5.4 million Californians plan to travel 50 miles or more this extended, four-day Thanksgiving holiday weekend. This represents an modest increase of 0.6 percent when compared to last year's figures."
Top Natomas Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- East Sacramento Writer Clarifies Community Power and Grassroots Democracy: NIMBY vs. DIMBY
- Micro-Summits concept is innovative, international
- POPs at Bertha Henschel Park in East Sacramento This Saturday!
- Landmark Sacramento Coca-Cola bottling plant closes
- East Sacramento J Street and Folsom Blvd. Construction Update–It’ll Be Tough