Police: Natomas student brought handgun to school | Crime
SACRAMENTO, CA - A handgun was confiscated from a student at Natomas Middle School Wednesday afternoon, according to Sacramento police.
The gun was unloaded.
According to a Sacramento police report, school staff observed two students acting suspiciously, trying to hide something they were passing back and forth. Staff intervened and searched the students' backpack. The handgun was found in one of the backpack of one of students, a 13 year old.
Responding police officers investigated and determined the gun had not been loaded and was the property of the student's parent.
Police booked the 13 year old into Sacramento County Juvenile Hall on suspicion of bringing a firearm to school.
Top Natomas Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- East Sacramento Writer Clarifies Community Power and Grassroots Democracy: NIMBY vs. DIMBY
- Micro-Summits concept is innovative, international
- POPs at Bertha Henschel Park in East Sacramento This Saturday!
- Landmark Sacramento Coca-Cola bottling plant closes
- East Sacramento J Street and Folsom Blvd. Construction Update–It’ll Be Tough